Friday, March 29, 2013

Hard days had finally gone.

I really love myself.
I'm happy I have survived through this week, I'm glad that I'm still alive.
Well, still sound and safe, as a childcare tutor.

First bun ever in my life. Pumpkin buns with the kids' effort.

Pizzas.

Kids with their dragonflies. 

Just for your concern, I'd like to expose what I've been doing and what exactly made me feel so tired.
Below is my daily routine for this week:

8am-8.30am        --> I prepare cooking materials and I cook. (Of course, different menu for each day and I like cooking soup the most and seriously, I don't always get my job done at 8.30am)
8.30am-10.30am --> I go around in the classroom teaching the kids their homework.
10.30am-12.00pm --> Activity is carried out. Sometimes its baking bun, pizza, doing handicraft or watching video.
12.00pm-1.00pm --> Bathing and eating time. If I left my cooking job undone in the first half hour, I'd have to rush at between 10.30pm-12.00pm, running through the classroom and the kitchen.

It was not just once I made half pot of soup boiling out. -.-

1.00pm-2.30pm --> Another activity. Telling story, playing games or etc etc.
2.30pm-3.30pm --> Make the kids sleep and scare them until they keep quiet on their cushion. Cook high-tea for them, make phone calls to problematic kids' parents, do some paperwork.
3.30pm-4.00pm --> Wake them up and feed them with their high tea. Okay not feed, just they are half-awaken and I need to be more energetic to make them full-awaken,
4.00pm-6.00pm --> Send some kids to tuition class and leave some for myself. Prepare notes or exercises for them and help some other kids with their homework. (I have other students who only see me in this 2 hours and my job is to help them completing their homework.)

Normally by this time I was already half dead. And I'd be really bad temper if I'm tired and starved. I couldn't help shouting at the kids when some of them got on my nerves.

6.00pm-8.00pm --> Kids coming back and some students leaving. Let them play among themselves so they won't be 'too stress'. Receiving their complaints like 'Teacher I'm so hungry!' or 'Teacher why can't I go back early?' etc etc.
8.00pm-8.15pm --> Send all the kids away. Wash the dishes and pot and clean the kitchen, classroom like a maid. (Yeah fyi, my working hours is from 8am to 8pm. I just couldn't finish everything on time. I'm not a slow person, so... Imagine that.)

I don't have lunch break in the kids' school holiday and I found out I can now finish my meal in 10 minutes, which was so a mission impossible for me in the past. I am making myself more flexible -.-

Anyway I have hand in my resignation letter and I'm now doing something on people's behalf. I want to walk away to seriously have a good rest. Feeling so happy and relieved just having the mind that I'm leaving, even though it may be one month more.

AHH God bless me for the rest of the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment