Saturday, March 10, 2012

May the legend lasts.









3 years ago I was wearing my very own uniform, doing cases, feeling the excitement and nervousness on the spot.
It was simply amazing.
I miss those time, even though stress was always in the air, heavier than joy, friendship and many others.
From that moment, I know how exactly to be a leader, leading my team towards success.
I was not confident at all but all i can do was cheating myself and my teammates.
we encouraged each other, blamed each other, spent our time all together.
It was like a family as we ate the same food, wore the same clothes, had the same activities, and nonetheless, our common characteristic was we slept in classes a lot.
Like nothing was bigger than competition.
How much do you miss the time you could only have bread as your lunch because you had no time to enjoy your food & you were simply out of pocket money?
How much do you miss the time you can't get enough sleep as other than this biggest competition, you still need to cope with endless school work and tuition?
I miss both of them.
Even though there were countless nightmares and tears in the nights.
Every time you fall, you stand up again, reminding yourself that you can never fall again, and all you allow to happen is succeed, and 'I CAN'.
Plain pieces of paper with red 'I CAN' was the way we reminded, encouraged and supported ourselves.
Till now, this law of attraction is affecting me every now and then.



It was no way that you don't believe in fate.
5 persons in a team, a slight change would have result in a different outcome.
My girls did their job best, that was why we got 2 champions which was totally out of our expectation.
We never thought we could have gone so far.
People was supporting us, bringing us herbal tea, cheering for us during the competition, talked to us like we were the boss.
I wonder if i ever have the chance again to feel the way in my life.
No one else could understand unless you have gone through what we have gone through.
Relationship among us wasn't easy, conflict was everywhere but we went through as if we couldn't lose each other.

Ah well, missing old time makes me sad, but for once again I thank God for this.
If there was no st.john competition, I wouldn't be me.
There were amazing friends, relationship, great experiences, ups and downs, my teenage life was never too bored.
I appreciate our leaders who brought us to success and at the same time, gave us pressure like we were kid with wild hearts. :)
No them, no us. One for all, all for one.
The feeling of being kept in a history is too great, until I hope SJAM SSI can always have done the same.
All the best juniors, try what I tried, gain what I gained.

Special love to teammates,
Eunice Tham, Cheong Jia Li, Seetoh Yiling, Sharon Chong. <3
Special regards to competition-mates,
Lee Kuok Zhen, Lee Jian Wei, Dylan Soh, Neo Zhen Ying, Wang Liang Hui.



Good luck SJAM SSI. May us keep the legend.

4 comments:

  1. You guys were awesome, you still are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the feeling is complicated to recall all those bittersweet memories..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. There is more bitter than sweet, that makes it even hard to be forgotten. :)
      Take care there, hope you are doing well every moment!

      Delete